Pizza Crust in the Style of New York
This traditional recipe guarantees a delicious pizza that has the right amount of crispiness and chews.
- This is known as proving the yeast, and it ensures that the yeast is alive. Even a small amount of bubbles should be present. If it doesn’t, your yeast is dead, and you’ll have to start from scratch. Checking the expiration date is a smart idea!
- Combine olive oil, flour, and salt in a large mixing basin.
- Once the yeast has proofed, add it to the flour and knead until the dough is smooth. If necessary, add more flour.
- Place the dough in an oiled basin and cover it with a clean towel to rise for about 30 minutes in a warm environment.
- Gently press the dough down and roll it into a smooth ball. Allow two hours for the mixture to rise in the bowl.
- Put a pizza slab oven in a cold oven after two hours. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out dough to a circle of 16 inches on a large silicone baking mat with a rolling pin.
- Cornmeal should be sprinkled on your peel (paddle). To prevent your dough from sticking, place it on a pizza peel and gently shake it.
- Once the stone has been preheated, top the dough with pizza sauce and your preferred ingredients, as well as traditional or vegan cheese.
- Transfer the pizza from the peel to the pizza stone with care.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then enjoy.
Note: A pizza peel (also known as a paddle) is a paddle-shaped wooden or bamboo instrument used to place pizza dough on a hot pizza stone. After baking, use the peel to remove the pizza from the stone.
Note: Topping your pizza with our Marinara Sauce is a great idea. Tomato paste is another simple sauce to create. Sprinkle a little garlic powder and Italian spice on the paste before spreading it on the pizza crust.
Dairy or non-dairy cheese, as well as a variety of vegetables, can be used. Mushrooms, onions, green peppers, onions, zucchini, broccoli, artichoke hearts, olives, spinach, and even pineapple are all good options. There are also meat replacements available, such as vegan pepperoni or sausage.